Friday 28 November 2014

Dodging the bullet

And now for something completely different... I'm sure by now you know that I love to mix what's profoundly true with what is profoundly hilarious. I'm hoping that the combined efforts of my dad and myself have produced something to that effect here :-) I have been pondering recently over why anyone would not want to come to Christ and have their sins forgiven. After all, it is our sin which separates us from God, and Jesus came to save us from sin (Mat 1:21). So why wont we let him? It seems that in most cases we would rather "dodge the bullet". With some illustrative help from my pops here follow 7 ways that humans dodge responsibility:

1. Shifting the blame


2. To err is human


3. 'Sin' is just a product of the religious establishment's agenda to control our minds and make us feel bad


4. Denial


5. If you can't stop sinning it must be a hereditary predisposition


6. We all want peace, it's our ignorance that makes us do evil, let's educate people, and sing songs


7. What's wrong for you is not necessarily wrong for me, its a matter of perspective.


What Jesus had in mind.


* A note about the artwork - us younger generation may not all be familiar with this particular cartoon character ;-) His name is AndyCap, a grumpy borderline alcoholic (and as of now, a reborn Christian!)

No comments:

Post a Comment